May 27, 2015 by Alexis
This Mother’s Day brunch is one of my fav’s and you can see more of it on Green Wedding Shoes! MV florals brought her A game with some amazing protea’s, Witty Rentals swaged up our lounge area, Boho Pillow pillowized (yes thats a word) our brunch, Sweet and Saucy Shop went above and beyond with their amazing desserts that still make me swoon, Type and Title + Walter and George worked magic on the leather signage, Coco Carpets gave me major rug envy, and Kayla Adams, as always, shot these amazing photos- so take a peek!
Photos: Kayla Adams | Makeup: Ligia Rosu | Hair: Cassandra Bickett … Read More
May 14, 2015 by Alexis
I haven’t done a fashion post in awhile, but these fun photos from To Wander and Seek just had to be shared! If you are looking for an easy transition from Spring to Summer this outfit is it! From the thin cold shoulder shirt, to the high waisted flowy skirt these are Spring must haves!
Similar shirt: Free people
Skirt: Lux Clothing
Necklace: St. Eve Jewelry
Sunglasses: Lux Clothing
Short brim hat: Urban Outfitters … Read More
April 1, 2015 by Alexis
Easter is right around the corner, and I have some pretty adorable basket ideas that appeal to the modern family. Plus, there is a basket for adults too! Because let’s be real, we all wish it was socially acceptable to still get in on the Easter basket action, and now we have an excuse! You. Are. Welcome. xox
The first basket is an art basket for the innovative, imaginative, and young artist of the family! Purchase a canvas, watercolors, paint brushes, colored pencils, stickers, and more to make this basket one that will never vanish like chocolate eggs do (although we still love us some filled cadbury eggs), but rather be a catalyst for creativity!
The second basket is one for friends and families to enjoy! It’s filled with yummy things to create your own cheese and fruit board! To make it more age appropriate I used a metal bin from World Market, and filled it with a french baguette, fig jam, olive oil with sun dried tomatoes and garlic, Mast Brothers chocolate, ginger beer, Brie cheese, and a Lift Coffee Roasters cold brew coffee. Seriously, just thinking about all this goodness makes me want to be outside on a warm summer evening pretending I am in Paris (I am going in May eeeeekk!!) while enjoying my cold brew, and enjoying the richness of the Brie cheese. This is a basket that is not just limited for Easter, but would make a great gift all year long!
If you’re not hungry now- I don’t know what will do it!
Hope you all have a happy Easter & can reflect on the meaning on the day! HE IS RISEN! What a glorious day!
xx … Read More
March 6, 2015 by ShiftCreative
We love these DIY hanging woven planters merely because we love any excuse to add greenery to our space! In neutral hues with pops of metallic gold, these baskets give a woven look without having to spending hours actually weaving them!
Rope (cotton rope)
1. After measuring out the amount of rope needed to cover your pot, begin wrapping your rope with raffia; adhering with hot glue under you’ve reached the end (the same method goes for wrapping the gold ribbon).
2. To add fringe to portions of your hanging: 1. cut desired length of yarn, 2. fold in half, 3. place the loop on top of the rope, 3. pull the legs of the yarn under the rope and through the loop at the top. 4. repeat as many times as needed for desired amounts of fringe.
3. Once you have completed the necessary wrapping and added desired fringe, begin wrapping the rope around the base of the pot in a secure fashion and adhering with glue as you go.
4. After you have finished wrapping, take your yarn needle and desired length of yarn for hanging and go under the top piece of rope. Repeat at the other side. Join the loose ends at the top and make a knot.
5. Add plant & hang with hook!
Aren’t these SO fun! We made them for a special baby shower and they looked so rad filled with lush greenery. You could wrap the rope with colored yarn or ribbon to add some color, or use wildflowers for a different look! Be sure to tag me @theshiftcreative so I can see your creations!
xx … Read More
February 12, 2015 by ShiftCreative
If you have been following along, I created these Metallic Pipe Vases for Lift Coffee Roasters for the Fall. I used a similar concept here, but on a larger scale to create a table runner! The colors are vibrant, and the use of fresh florals and white pegboard really give it a more modern feel!
Read through for materials and instructions!
Pegboard cut to desired size
PVC pipe of varying sizes
1. Cut peg board to desired size. The peeps at Home Depot will do this for you.
2. Spray paint your pipes. I used a champagne colored paint.
3. If using fresh florals, insert the cut stem into a floral tube with water, then place inside pipe.
4. Stagger pipes along board- I like to use the taller pipes in the middle.
dddonee + supa easy!
Photography: To Wander and Seek | Florals: Lavenders Flowers | Design: The Shift Creative
Right now I have this table runner on my dining table filled with greenery! Have fun with it!
… Read More
February 9, 2015 by ShiftCreative
Who doesn’t like to go to a party, and leave with some yummy treats to take home? Heck, even if your on the Whole30 these can be customized to fit your party planning little heart! These hand painted party bags are freaking adorable, and so easy to make!
White watercolor paper
1. Cut a 2×2 piece of paper from your roll
2. Paint desired pattern on paper, and let dry. I wanted to do Valentines Day bags so I painted X’s and O’s, and other fun patterns that appealed to a more modern vday.
3. After paint is dried, fold paper in half.
4. Then, take one side at a time and fold to the middle.
5. Next, fold about 1inch up from the bottom.
6. Now open the folded part of the bottom flap, and press down on either side to make a triangle of sorts
7. Next, fold the top flap to the middle, and repeat with the bottom flap.
8. Adhere with tape.
9. Tape any remaining folds, fill with candy, flowers, or other treats
Photography: To Wander and Seek
Have fun making these!
xx … Read More
February 6, 2015 by ShiftCreative
Here at The Shift Creative we have thee most perfect wall decor to spruce up any wall, and for any party! These sconces are a simple modern take on the ceramic ones that might make our wallets sad. They are made of paper, painted, adorned with poms, and filled with fresh flowers- what’s not to love! We’ve all done it- procrastination. We have an event or birthday party, we underestimate time, and it creeps up on us just like the holidays! Well this DIY has me saying “no time, no problem!”
White Watercolor Paper
1. Cut your white paper at 2×2. (If you want to paint a pattern on your paper, begin so now).
2. Begin by taking one corner of the paper, and tightly rolling to the other side. When rolling, make sure the bottom stays tight, but the top has a wide opening for a bouquet of flowers.
3. When cone shape is formed, take your hot glue gun adhere the sconce closed.
4. Then, take your pom trim and glue it to the middle of the sconce.
5. Take a piece of 3M tape and adhere it to your wall.
6. Make a dainty bouquet, and fill the sconce.
7. Act like you planned on making these in advance when people ask you about them!
Photography: To Wander and Seek | Florals: Lavenders Flowers | Design: The Shift Creative … Read More