Okay, we couldn’t help ourselves! If you follow us, or know me personally you know I have a love of all things boho, but especially mud cloth. So, we made up these boho inspired Easter eggs for a different take on egg decorating!
There really isn’t a huge DIY for this post other than:
- Boil your egg.
- Take a Sharpie, and create a boho inspired pattern. We used some of my pillows as inspiration!
These are super easy, fun, and an alternative to dying! Tag me @theshiftcreative, so I can see how yours turn out!
Happy Easter! xo … Read More
I know it’s cutting it close, but these cactus Easter eggs were too cute not to share! I have seen some forms of these floating the web, but we added our own twist to them and really love the outcome! Safe to say these might be our new Easter egg tradition. They are really easy, and perfect for a little Easter gift, or Easter basket addition! Keep reading for instructions….
Small terracotta pots
Extra fine Sharpie
Cardstock (I used white and copper)
(All products available at Michaels)
- Begin by boiling your eggs as per usual.
- While eggs are boiling, paint your pot white (you can do any color but I wanted mine more modern)
- After your eggs are done, simply take your Sharpie and draw lines, x’s, dots, and dashes are various eggs to create a cactus vibe.
- To make the flower, take a small portion of your tissue paper, fold in half, and cut strips as in making fringe. Then fold the base as to create a lip and hot glue it to your egg.
- To make the arms, we cut various shapes of out card stock that resembled a cactus, folded a pieces at the bottom to create a lip so it would be easy to hot glue the arm to the egg.
- Fill your pot with decorative sand.
- Place egg on top of sand, and you have the cutest cactus egg garden ever!
I seriously cannot wait to give these DIY Cactus Easter Eggs to some of my daughters friends for Easter, and put one in her little basket for Sunday! I hope you all have a happy Easter, and can truly celebrate Jesus! He has risen, and thats way more special than these cactus eggs. 😉
… Read More
Guys, don’t judge me on how long it has taken me to post, but believe me when I say we are back at it full force! We’re gonna bring things back right with this amazing modern crystal inspired shoot featured on Green Wedding Shoes . It’s the perfect mix of modern and moody, and it was all captured perfectly by Diana Marie Photo! These crystals from Love Tatum, mixed with florals by Native Poppy create the perfect contrasting hues for the most gorge tabletop! Seriously, let’s take this shoot and plant it into every dinner party I have from now on! Always a huge thanks to our faves Sweet N Saucy Shop , Borrowed Blu, and Witty Rentals for coming through clutch for us every time!
Photography: Diana Marie
Florals: Native Poppy
Crystals: Love Tatum
Tabletop Rentals: BorrowedBlu
Rentals: Witty Rentals
Dessert: Sweet N Saucy Shop … Read More